The simple art of screen printing is quick to understand yet difficult to master on the press. That's why this course will mainly focus on actual hands on time on the press!
- setup for print
- test print
- proper cleaning
- screen storage
This hands on screen printing class
in Ventura, California will take you
from design to finished product.
Our goal with this two day class is to have you leaving here with a complete understanding of the process along with the ability and comfort to start making your own prints for personal projects or to open your own screen printing business.
Learn from our experience (aka, mistakes) and be profitable from day one!
McLogan is a family owned business since 1922 with stores throughout Southern California, and our online store, available 24/7 -- growing to support our screen printing and sign making customers across the USA. And, here's a little bit of information about McLogan's sign-painting heritage and history, dating back for 1922.
Feel free to call us at (800) 625-6246 with any questions -- or visit our contact page for additional McLogan Digital, Silkscreen & Sign Supplies, Tools or Equipment information details.
This is a brief outline of what will be covered in your two day course; there will be plenty of questions and in-depth analysis of each step covered in our small class sessions of 6-12 students. It is a wealth of information to allow you (the printer) the opportunity to succeed in your business. Just remember knowledge is POWER! Don't delay to register today.
CLASSROOM (first hour each day)
- INTRODUCTION: Our experience, direction of class, goals and outline of day
- SOFTWARE: Understanding of software, creating artwork for separations, hand drawn designs on paper
- FILMS & PRINTERS: Inkjet vs Laser, different materials, rip software, halftones & LPI, screen selection
HANDS-ON (three hours each day)
- INTRODUCTION: Facility tour, Equipment intro & what each is used for, Dark room racks
- SCREEN SELECTION: Understanding what screen mesh (artwork vs. screen vs. inks)
- PREP: Preparation of Screens, pre-press cleaning, coating & drying
- EXPOSING: Learn the basic techniques of burning a design onto a screen
- PRE-PRESS: Taping off screens, palate tape & adhesive, setting up screen on press
- TEST PRINTS: micro registration, final block out of marks, heaters
- PRINTING: Production Efficiency, workers and tasks, squeegeeing techniques and adjustments
- BREAKING DOWN: Proper cleaning, washing screens for storage or reclamation
- ADDITIONAL TIPS & ADVICE: recommendations on presses, manufacturers, equipment, printers, suppliers, make it yourself equipment
Private lessonsPersonal training is also available starting at $300 for a four hour session. Learn everything you need to know from the group class with the added focus and personalization of a one on one experience learning at your workspace or in our facility. Travel costs may apply. Call 805-293-1616 to schedule your private training.
- A solid understanding and comfort for the screen printing process!
- 5 printed shirts
- Classroom handouts
- Contact information of the go-to place to get equipment, supplies, & tools
- A new, money-making skill