The simple art of screen printing is quick to understand yet difficult to master on the press. That's why this course will mainly focus on actual hands on time on the press!
- setup for print
- test print
- proper cleaning
- screen storage
This hands on screen printing workshop
in Ventura, California will take you
from design to finished product.
Our goal facilitate a personalized experience that provides a complete understanding of the process along with the ability and comfort to start making your own prints for personal projects or to open your own screen printing business.
Learn from our experience (aka, mistakes) and be profitable from day one!
Learn in the comfort of your own workspace with your own equipment or join us at our professional studio in midtown Ventura.
Travel costs apply for distances greater than 35 miles from our studio.
This is a brief outline of what will be covered in your two 4-hour private sessions; there will be plenty of questions and in-depth analysis of each step covered in our sessions with you and up to two of your friends. It is a wealth of information to allow you (the printer) the opportunity to succeed in your business. Just remember knowledge is POWER! Don't delay to register today.
- INTRODUCTION: Our experience, direction of class, goals and outline of day
- SOFTWARE: Understanding of software, creating artwork for separations, hand drawn designs on paper
- FILMS & PRINTERS: Inkjet vs Laser, different materials, rip software, halftones & LPI, screen selection
- INTRODUCTION: Equipment intro & what each is used for
- SCREEN SELECTION: Understanding screen mesh options (artwork vs. screen vs. inks)
- PREP: Preparation of Screens, pre-press cleaning, coating & drying
- EXPOSING: Learn the basic techniques of burning a design onto a screen
- PRE-PRESS: Taping off screens, palate tape & adhesive, setting up screen on press
- TEST PRINTS: micro registration, final block out of marks, heaters
- PRINTING: Production Efficiency, workers and tasks, squeegeeing techniques and adjustments
- BREAKING DOWN: Proper cleaning, washing screens for storage or reclamation
- ADDITIONAL TIPS & ADVICE: recommendations on presses, manufacturers, equipment, printers, suppliers, make it yourself equipment